YFG are holding a session on Saturday at the Fine Gael Ard Fheis enititled “Ireland Needs Change”. The aim of the discussion is to allow spokespersons in the party let the young members know what they are doing.
The session will be addressed by:
- Barry Walsh, President Young Fine Gael
- Richard Bruton TD, Deputy Leader and Fine Gael Spokesperson on Finance (Chair)
- Lucinda Creighton TD, Fine Gael Spokesperson on European Affairs
- Brian Hayes TD, Fine Gael Spokesperson on Education
- Leo Varadkar TD, Fine Gael Spokesperson on Enterprise, Trade and Employment
The session will also feed into and link intiatives to the Youth Manifesto for the Local and European Elections.
At the last Ard Fheis the session was on the “Just Society” and I really enjoyed the discussion. This year looks even more interesting with “Change” being a big theme in a lot of political campaigns since the Obama one. I am loooking forward to what the spokespeople think of our contributions and ideas and I like that they have picked three of the young front benchers and gotten Richard Bruton to chair it. This shows they do think of us as “not just as an army of canvassers” as one candidate said recently!
The Womens Group are also holding a side event entitled “Getting the best out of your Canvass” which I don’t think I will be attending.
The full timetable for Ard Fheis is online here in PDF from