A new website launched recently to show people which national party you should vote for. Its called EU Profiler. I had a go off it.
It presents to you 30 statements and say whether you agree or disagree. Then you rate their importance and then say who you would be willing to vote for. The results are close enough. I come out right wing and pro-Europe which fits the me perfectly I think!
Its recommendations for me are:
- Fine Gael: 53.9%
- Labour: 50.9%
- Fianna Fail: 50%
- Greens: 37%
- Socialist: 30.9%
- Sinn Fein: 23.1%
- Libertas: 20.3%
Just for fun you can see the top ten parties you mach with across Europe. My top ten are:
- Venstre, Liberal Party of Denmark (ELDR): 81.7%
- Liberal People’s Party of Sweden (ELDR): 81.5%
- Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania: 81.3%
- Centrolew (Centre-left) of Poland: 78.6%
- Green Party of Czech Republic (European Green Party): 77.7%
- Slovak Democratic and Christian Union – Democratic Party (EPP): 77.1%
- SNK European Democrats of Czech Republic (EPP-ED): 76%
- Centre Party of Sweden (ELDR): 76%
- Croatian Democratic Union (EPP): 75.8%
- Christian and Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People’s Party of Czech Republic (EPP): 75.4%
A strange mix but interesting none the less.
I think it is fairly accurate and its interesting to see what party you are most aligned with in other countrues. Well it is for politics nerds like me!
Does EU Profiler get it right for you?