So last since Part 1, I’ve been a very bad canvasser and have only been out two nights. They were April 30th and May 1st. For all of last week I took a break from canvassing as I was sick. But Im all good now and ready to get back into this week!
Back to my last two nights on the cavass though. On the Thursday I was canvassing for Emmet O’Halloran in Ballyphehane, on the road where my Grandmother lives, so I knew a lot of people on the road and even got to canvass my own Grandmother! It was a revealing canvass though as we discovered a lot of former Fianna Fail voters would be voting Labour before Fine Gael. But overall we got a good response with people looking for change and seeing Fine Gael as the alternative.
On Friday I was canvassing for Cllr. Brian Birmingham the current Lord Mayor of Cork. We were canvassing near the Lough in the Cork South West Ward, which is very close to my own home (I live on the border of the constituency). I go caught on quite a few doors discussing Fine Gael and the candidates. Quite a lot of people in the area had a connection to Brian or to Fine Gael so it was an interesting canvass.
This week sees me back to normal:
- Monday: Emmet O’Halloran – South Central John Buttimer (South West)
- Tuesday: OFF (Scouts & Eurovision)
- Wednesday: John Buttimer – South West
- Thursday: Emmet O’Halloran – South Central (the Evening Echo will be with us too!)
- Friday: Either Laura McGonigle (South East) or Brian Birmingham (South West). Havent decided yet.
A fun week ahead!