With the anouncement today of the new conservative grouping in the European Parliament, the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECRG), we now know all the Groupings in the Parliament.
They are (in order of size) (PS not sure im numbers are correct):
- European People’s Party – 266
- Party of European Socialists – 161
- Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe – 80
- European Conservatives and Reformists – 55
- Greens-European Free Alliance – 53
- Union for Europe of the Nations – 35
- United Left-Nordic Greens – 32
- Independence/Democracy – 18
- Non-Inscrits – 38
So it looks like the Parliament will be dominated by the centre right. The BNP failed to get enough MEPs.
Its going to be an interesting five years in Brussels/Strasbourg.
Related articles by Zemanta
- PES Name Change? (stephenspillane.com)
- It finally gets interesting: Barroso Vs Verhofstadt (stephenspillane.com)
- Conservative MEPs form new ‘antifederalist’ group in the European Parliament (telegraph.co.uk)
- Conservative MEPs form new group (news.bbc.co.uk)