Welcome to the second of my Preview and Prediction posts for this years Eurovision. Today I am looking at Semi-Final Two which happens on Thursday 27th of May and features Ireland! This will be the one to watch for us! There are 17 entries in this Semi. It is also a very strong Semi, so it will be very competitive. This Semi also sees the UK and Norway voting.
On to the songs..
1. Lithuania – InCulto “Eastern European Funk“
This is a nice funky start to this semi. Its upbeat and fun. Could do well.
2. Armenia – Eva Rivas “Apricot Stone“
This is a nice song from Armenia. But the curse of second place may come haunting…
3. Israel – Harel Skaat “Milim“ (מילים, Words)
This is one of this years favourites and is currently third in the betting stakes. I can see why. Its a very powerful ballad, but it does stand out to the others. We see how it goes.
4. Denmark – Chanée and N’evergreen “In A Moment Like This“
This is my favourite of this years entries! There performance at this years Danish final was amazing! If they pull it off at Eurovision they are in strong contention to win. This just adds to my love of Danish entries at Eurovision!
5. Switzerland – Michael von der Heide “Il pleut de l’or“ (Its Raining Gold)
I don’t know what to make of this song… or him. Im totally confused…. I sort of like it though…
6. Sweden – Anna Bergendahl “This is my Life“
Wow, this is a very strong entry. I really enjoy it. A nice uplifting song. Fabulous vocals from Anna. Will do very well I think!
7. Azerbaijan – Safura Alizadeh “Drip Drop“
This another one of the favourites and I see why. It is a really good song. enjoyable and the backing dancers…. well….
8. Ukraine – Alyosha “Sweet People“
I am disappointed with the Ukraine’s entry this year. Gone are the energetic songs that they did so well with. I don’t like it.
9. Netherlands – Sieneke “Ik ben verliefd (Sha-la-lie)“ (I’m in Love (Sha-la-lie))
This seems to hark back to entries of bygone days for the Netherlands. Its a fun song though and different! I like it.
10. Romania – Paula Seling and Ovi “Playing with Fire“
This is a really cool song. You can see why this semi is a strong one now can’t you.
11. Slovenia – Ansambel Roka Žlindre and Kalamari “Narodnozabavni rock“
This song is a brilliant mix of modern rock and traditional balkan music. Its a bit of fun,and a good entry!
12. Ireland – Niamh Kavanagh “It’s For You“
Come on Niamh! This is a excellent entry from Ireland. Its catching ballad that really shows off Niamh vocal skills. Hopefully she will have the stage presence like she did in 1993!
13. Bulgaria – Miro -“Angel si ti“ (Ангел си ти, Your an Angel)
This is another good song. Fast paced and catchy.
This is a nice song. A gentle song with a nice chorus. I don’t think it will get out of the semi though.
15. Croatia – Feminnem “Lako Je Sve“ (Everythig is Easy)
So Feminnem are back. This time for Croatia, and this time with less of a pop song. It would seem that they have matured. Its a powerful song though.
16. Georgia – Sopho Nizharadze “Shine“
This is a nice gentle ballad. Sopho is an amazing singer.
17. Turkey – maNga “We Could be the Same“
Not a great fan of this song. Its okayish.
Prediction time! So ten of these entries will progress. My guesses are in no particlar order
What do you think?
See Part one here
Related articles by Zemanta
- Eurovision Blogging has a new home (stephenspillane.com)