So here is a list of seats I will be trying to watch closely. They should give an indication to the wider picture.
- Barking: Nick Griffin is the BNP candidate here, will he win?
- Brighton Pavillion: Green’s possible gain?
- Buckingham: Will the speaker hold on? (Counted on Friday though!)
- Dagenham and Rainham: Will the BNP gain a seat? Or will the Tories take Cruddas’ seat?
- Eastbourne: Can the Lib Dems take from the Tories also? 0.7% swing needed
- Finchley & Golders Green: This is a notional Tory seat, Labour need a 0.35% swing to hang on, will they?
- Luton South: This was Margaret Moran’s seat. Highly implicated in the expenses scandal. Has it damaged Labour beyond repair? Esther Ratzen is running here. Should be interesting!
- Morley and Outwood: Ed Balls seat. Will he hang on?
- Oxford East: One of the Lib Dem swings. All it takes is 0.2%, will they do it?
- Poplar and Limehouse: Will George Galloway remain an MP?
- Rochdale: The Bigotgate have an effect? Will the Lib Dems get in?
- Stockton South: Conservatives need a 6.5% swing to win here, its also just under the 7% they need. Should be a good indicator.
- Sunderland Central: Tory Target but needs a 10.5% swing
- Watford: One of those three way marginals! Let see what happens!
- Wyre Forest: Independent, Richard Taylor, held since 2001, Lib Dems are challenging here this time out. Can he hold on?
- Dundee West: If things go really bad for Labour in Scotland, on an 7.29% swing, the SNP could gain this seat.
- Ochil and South Perthshire: SNP need a 0.74% swing from Labour.
- Arfon: Plaid target, this time from Labour. They need a 0.91% swing!
- Ceredigion: Plaid target from the Lib Dems. Need 0.31% swing
- Ynys Môn : Another Labour seat targeted by Plaid, they need 0.75% swing here.
- Belfast South: The DUP want to gain this from the SDLP. They need a nearly 2% swing though.
What constituencies will you be watching?