Maman Poulet has the story that the IMF are sending a team to Ireland to
“participate in a short and focused consultation, together with the European Commission, and the ECB, in order to determine the best way to provide any necessary support to address market risks.”
Full statement here
How long until they are running the country? And how long can we hold out on this bailout?
We either need a General Election or to give the EU-IMF control. It is obvious that FF don’t know what they are doing any more.
Then again can the opposition do a better job? I hope so. It would be better then giving all the power to the EU-IMF.
- Ireland PM: Stabilization Talks With ECB/EU/IMF Begin Thurs (forexlive.com)
- Statement by the Eurogroup on Ireland (ftalphaville.ft.com)
- Dramatic IMF Talks Set To Begin Tomorrow, As Financial Minister Admits Possibility Of Aid (businessinsider.com)
- €80 billion EU bailout on the horizon (irishexaminer.com)
- IMF,ECB, EU to seek confidence-boosters-Irish min (reuters.com)