Last night I attended the Hustings in UCC for the National Executive Elections which takes place this weekend in Charleville.
All the candidates gave good speeches and so it will be a hard choice on Saturday on who to vote for.
The candidates are as follows:
- Eric Keane – Clare YFG
- Alan Gallagher – Dublin South YFG
- Bríd Murphy – Cork South-West YFG
- Bernard Aherne – University College Dublin YFG
- Graham Dullaghan – Letterkenny YFG
- Carol Madigan – Dublin Mid-West
- Peter McCarthy – North Kilkenny YFG
- William Quille – Dublin South-East YFG
- Colm Taylor – Tipperary South YFG
- Patrick A. Molloy – Alfie Byrne YFG
- Colum Roche – North Kilkenny YFG
- Cillian Griffey – Clare YFG
- Mathew Tumulty – NUI Galway YFG
- Conor Crean – Cork East YFG
- Timmy Eoin O’Sullivan – University of Limerick YFG
Motions of course will be discussed and will take up much of Saturday, with two sessions being dedicated to motions this year. One is on general motions and the other is on Economic motions, which will also feature a panel, which will include Eddie Hobbs, Sarah Carey and Jim Power. The motions can be found on the YFG Website. Enda Kenny will of course address the prime time session on Saturday evening.
It should be an interesting weekend and I shall be blogging live from most of the sessions! So stay tuned!