Check out Wave Change. Wave Change is a new programme being launched by Social Entrepreneurs Ireland for 18-25 year-olds who believe that they have a role to play in building the Ireland we all want to live in and who want to have a stronger voice in society. The programme provides training, development, seed funding and networking opportunities to help make this a reality.
They are kicking off the programme in November 2011 with Wave Change Weekends in Cork (November 12&13), Dublin (November 26&27) and Galway in mid-January 2012.
If you like what happens at the weekend you can apply to join a group of 30 for a 10 month programme beginning in February 2012. Which will include:
- A series of 5 skills-based training weekends from February 2012 in areas as wide-ranging as journalism and social media, lobbying and advocacy, research & evaluation, idea generation and project planning, with support from expert practitioners working in the field
- Coaching in individual and group-focused development
- Support and advice in setting up an idea, project or campaign
- Seed funding to help launch a Wave Change idea
- Individual networking and development opportunities on issues of interest chosen by the participants
Applications for the Cork Weekend close on October 21st. If you want to take part in the 10 month programme, you must attend one of the weekends.
Today I met with Linda and Fiona of Wave Change and it sounds like an interesting idea. The Programme would be major benefit for anyone interested or working in social change in Ireland. These skills are crucial for young people who want to make changes to Irish Society!