The event will be addressed by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, Frances Fitzgerald TD.
In it it’s launch event on Facebook it explains why it is being set up,
Fine Gael is an inclusive party and has a commitment to a just society and a fairer Ireland. Now we are taking the next step.
Fine Gael LGBT is an inclusive group for party members who share a common goal of promoting full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in our party, in our country and in our world.
Membership is open to all members of Fine Gael regardless of orientation.
Fine Gael LGBT aims to;
- provide a welcome and inclusive forum for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members of Fine Gael;
- promote equality within Fine Gael including encouraging the adoption of equality policies as party and Government policy;
- be a visible sign of the inclusivity and modernity of Fine Gael and in particular encourage members of the LGBT community to join and become active participants in our party.
I am glad to see Members of Fine Gael spear heading this making it a ground up initiative. It now means Labour and Sinn Fein are no longer the only parties with an LGBT section, meaning that Fianna Fail are the only major party without an LGBT grouping.
I must say I am looking forward to this.
- Vote on gay marriage at the Fine Gael Ard Fheis (williamquill.com)
- YFG to hold Human Rights Session at Fine Gael Ard Fheis (stephenspillane.com)
- FG out of step with the political consensus? (stephenspillane.com)
- Report from the Centre for European Studies Young Leaders Academy (yfginternational.wordpress.com)