So the Taoiseach has announced in the Dáil that the General Election will take place on Friday the 11th of March. So that gives us 49 days to campaign for Ireland’s future. I am looking forward to that!
The Taoiseach also announced that Minsters will be double jobbing until that day. He announced the following portfolios.
- Taoiseach and Foreign Affairs: Brian Cowen
- Education and Health and Children: Mary Coughlan
- Community and Family Affairs and Transport: Pat Carey
- Agriculture and Justice: Brendan Smith
- Tourism and Enterprise, Trade and Innovation: Mary Hanafin
- Social Protection and Defence: Eamonn O’Cuiv
Lets get the show on the road!