Some people dont seam to be very happy over Dustin’s selection as one of the 6 finalists in Eurosong this year!
From last Tuesday’s Indo:
DUSTIN the Turkey seriously considered pulling out of the Eurosong contest yesterday as controversy erupted over his selection as one of the six Irish finalists .
After hearing nearly 45 minutes of angry radio debate about the fact that the celebrity puppet had made the grade, Dustin thought about throwing in the towel for “nearly a full second”, he confirmed last night.
But the bookies’ favourite has decided to battle on.
“I am doing this for Ireland,” he said.
The crticism came from three of the country’s top music men, songwriter Phil Coulter, Frank McNamara and Eurovision veteran Shay Healy.
Of course this means while they are babbling about Dustin hes getting attention while the other finalists are not!
The full list of Finalists are:
- ‘Irelande Douze Pointe’, Performed by Dustin the Turkey composed by Darren Smith, Simon Fine and Dustin the Turkey.
- ‘Double Cross My Heart’, performed by Donal Skehan, composed by Joel Humlén, Oscar Gorres and Charlie Mason.
- ‘Time to Rise’, performed by Maya, composed by Maja Slatinsek and Ziga Pirnat.
- ‘Not Crazy After All’, performed by Leona Daly, composed by Leona Daly and Steve Booker.
- ‘Sometimes‘, performed by Liam Geddes, written by Susan Hewitt.
- ‘Chances’, written and performed Marc Roberts.
Eursong will take place in the University Concert Hall Limerick on Saturday 23 February from 7 to 8pm with the winner announced on the results show at 9.30pm.
Feb 23rd is Super Saturday for Eurovions Fans. As many as seven countries will select their entries for the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest. They include:
- FYR Macedonia
Will do more of an Eurovision Update tonight or tomorrow.
Facebook, Facebook, Facebook, thats what its all about nowadays. Bebo? Thats for kids! Or as someone said top me, “its the preteens version”!
So heres some interesting facebook groups in no Particular order.
Vote Yes to the Reform Treaty
A group for the supporters of the Lisbon Treaty. Have a sconce. I post interesting stuff there when I find it!
Resign, Mr Ahern
This group was set up by Gavin of Gavin’s Blog I is one of the most popular Iirsh groups on Facebook. Its is full of information about the whole Ahern Saga. Definitely worth a look!
Eurovision Song Contest 2008
Ye were waiting for this one! Yes its a group I have set up. and its all in the title.
HSE: Not Fit For Purpose,
A group set up by a friend who works in the Health Service. It calls for the following:
- 1. Health education, health promotion, preventing disease on a population level
- 2. Strengthened primary care service that can deliver high quality health care and advice to people in their own communities without unnecessary hospital admissions
- 3. Fire the hordes of incompetent micro-managers in the HSE and various hospitals and hire managers with a proven track record
- 4. Stop antagonising front line staff. Support people who choose to work in a difficult environment. Engage with the people who deliver health care
- 5. Invest in greater supports and home care packages for the elderly and those with chronic illnesses
- 6. Increase the number of long term care beds and nursing homes for an aging population
- 7. Stop funding tax breaks for developers in the shape of colocated hospitals and invest in public facilities and more public beds
Young Fine Gael
The facebook group for YFG. There is also a senior party group. There is also YEPP and EPP groups, and a CDU group!
Well ESCtoday are reporting that next year there could be 2 semi-finals to the Eurovision Song Contest 2008.
This will increase the chances of countries qualifying for the final as only the previous years winners plus the big four will be automatically in the final. As each semi will send 10 (?) acts to the final out of 17-20 countries compared to 28 countries competing for 10 spaces.
This idea is that voting blocs would be separated and countries can only vote for in their own semi-final. But what the big four and the winning country? Their viewers don’t get a say!
What do you make of it!
I can promise another Eurovision themed post by the end of the week!!! 😛